Make this impressive flavorful spicy pork tenderloins meal. Surprisingly easy to make, and is the perfect dinner for two dish. Add some delicious sides to this spicy pork tenderloins by cooking up some sautéed spinach and apple compote. Set the mood with candles, and red rose petals scattered over the table. Don’t forget to save room for dessert.
2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
2/3 cups light brown sugar
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Finely grate zest from 1 lime. Juice four tablespoons of lime.
3) In a small bowl, mix half of lime zest (2 tablespoons) with 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
4) Coat both sides of tenderloins with oil, and place in a nonstick roasting pan. Turning over after 8 minutes. Add lime zest mixture to the top, and roast for 20 – 35 minutes.
5) In a medium pan, mix water with cranberries, brown sugar, jalapeno, and the remaining lime juice and zest. Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Reduce to medium – low heat and simmer, stirring occasionally; about 5 minutes or until the berries begin to break open. Set aside.
6) Place pork on cutting board, and let stand for 3 – 5 minutes.
7) Re-heat cranberry mixture over medium heat, and scrap the brown bits from the pan. Place sauce in a sauce bowl, and serve for dipping.
8) Carve pork, and serve with cranberry mixture. Add sautéed spinach and apple compote to make this meal complete.
By: Cheri Cola