Less time in the kitchen, more time to watch the game! This slow cooker turkey chili recipe is a great crowd pleaser. With just enough of flavor, and kick, it’s the perfect comfort food any time of year.
2 ½ pounds lean ground turkey
½ medium onion, chopped
½ medium red onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic pepper
1 – 16 ounce jar salsa (medium – hot, depending on how hot you like your foods)
1 – 15 ounce can tomato sauce
1 – 15 ounce can chili beans, undrained
1 – 15 ounce can dark red kidney beans, undrained
5 tablespoons chili seasoning
3 tablespoons sugar
1) In a large crockpot, sauté onion, red onion, and garlic pepper.
2) Medium-high heat, add turkey, until meat is brown, crumble as desired.
3) Stir in salsa, tomato sauce, chili beans, kidney beans, chili seasoning, and sugar.
4) Mix well and bring to boil.
5) Reduce heat and simmer with lid partially covered for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
6) Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
7) Ladle into soup bowls, top with desired condiments, and serve hot.
Shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey jack cheese
Light sour cream
Diced green onions
Habanero pepper, for those who like it hot
Low fat cottage cheese
By: Cheri Cola