Delicious bite-sized crab appetizers make an excellent way to start any party. Perfect for any time of year. Enjoy these crab appetizers at your next cocktail party.
Deviled Crab Dip
1 (6 ounces) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
½ teaspoon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup mayonnaise
Parsley, for garnish
1) In a bowl, combine crab meat, eggs, mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and mayonnaise.
2) Garnish with parsley, and serve.
1 pound crab meat, flaked
¼ cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
½ cup bread crumbs
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
½ cup flour
Oil for frying
1) Place crab meat in mixing bowl. Add butter, salt, cayenne pepper. Mustard, parsley flakes, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, and egg yolks; mix well.
2) Refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours, or until stiff enough to handle easily when scooped.
3) Form crab mixture into 35 small balls, about the size of a walnut. Dredge in flour.
4) Heat several inches of oil to 360 degrees in a heavy saucepan or deep fryer. Fry crab balls until golden brown.
5) Drain on paper towels, and serve while hot.
By: Cheri Cola