Eating a steamy bowl of brothy soup such as, chicken soup with Asian noodles opens up clogged sinuses.
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
2 small red bell peppers, thinly sliced
2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 thin slices fresh ginger
1 bay leaf
4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
5 ounces Thai-style flat brown rice noodles
3 cups pulled cooked chicken
2 scallions, diced
¼ cup small fresh basil leaves
1) Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add carrots bell peppers, celery, garlic, ginger and bay left. Cook, stirring until vegetables have softened, about 6 minutes.
2) Stir in broth and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
3) Stir in chicken and simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove bay leaf and ginger and discard.
4) Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and town with scallions and basil.
5) Serve with a small bowl of rice, on the side. (optional)
By: Savannah Cole